Unit Superheater Engineering have an immediate position available for a Buyer / Expeditor with an engineering background to join its experienced team. Unit Superheater Engineering designs, manufactures and installs specialist heat transfer and high pressure equipment such as heat exchangers, pressure vessels, boiler manifolds and superheaters for the petro-chemical and power generation industries.
Working within the engineering team, the Buyer / Expeditor will be responsible for procurement and expediting of all project materials and sub-contractor work.
· Send detailed enquiries to material suppliers and sub-contractors for quotations.
· Evaluate suppliers quotations for quality and negotiate best price, delivery and payment terms.
· Place purchase orders or contracts for materials and sub-contract work using in-house procurement software.
· Update bill of materials with purchase order details and delivery times.
· Monitor progress of orders with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
· Occasionally visit suppliers in the UK and overseas to monitor progress.
· Manage supplier accreditation, quality and performance.
· Work collaboratively with engineering, quality and accounts departments.
· Source new suppliers that can offer suitable materials or services.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· HNC or Degree Qualification
· Ability to read and interpret engineering technical drawings would be benificial.
· A competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Experience in a similar role for an engineering company
· Highly motivated with strong communication, organisation and multi-tasking skills.
Training will be provided by the company
Location : Swansea, South Wales
Salary : £25,000 to £30,000 per year depending on experience and qualifications
Benefits: Company Pension + 25 Days Holiday
Job Type : Full Time Permanent (37 Hours per week)
Please send CV’s to Mathew Joseph, Engineering Manager, email email@example.com