Unit Superheater Engineering has an immediate position available for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join its experienced engineering team. Unit Superheater Engineering designs, manufactures and installs specialist heat transfer and high pressure equipment such as heat exchangers, pressure vessels, boiler manifolds and superheaters for the petro-chemical and power generation industries.
Working within the engineering team, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the mechanical design of various types of heat transfer and high pressure equipment and control multiple projects, from order stage through to completion.
• Interpret customer design requirements from data sheets, drawings and specifications.
• Visit customer sites for visual/dimensional surveys or meetings.
• Prepare or check detailed fabrication drawings using 2D AutoCAD and/or 3D Solidworks software.
• Prepare or check mechanical design calculations using design software (Finglow), spreadsheets or hand calculations in conformity with international design codes and customer specifications.
• Produce quality control documentation.
• Purchase materials and organise sub-contractor services.
• Produce project schedules and monitor project progress
• Liaise with customers, inspectors and third party personnel on and off site.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Degree Qualification in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
• A competent user of Solidworks 3D and/or AutoCAD 2D software
• A competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
• Experience of producing design calculations for pressure equipment is essential
• Knowledge of ASME, PD5500, BS1113 or EN 12952 design and manufacturing codes would be beneficial.
• Experience in a similar role controlling projects for manufacture of pressure equipment
• Highly motivated with strong communication, organisation and multi-tasking skills.
Full training will be provided by the company
Location : Swansea, South Wales
Salary : £35,000 - £40,000 per year depending on experience and qualifications
Benefits: Company Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Overtime Pay
Job Type : Full Time Permanent (37 Hours per week)
Please send CV’s to Mathew Joseph, Engineering Manager, email email@example.com